Saturday, September 24, 2011

Still no clue...

We still do not have an idea of when we are closing.  The PM called John yesterday and said he's still shooting for mid-Oct.  However, we don't have a settlement letter yet.  So, in my mind, we aren't closing mid October.  Our Sales Rep left the company.  We still do not have electricity.  And, now we might lose our interest rate that we locked in at.  So stressed about this whole situation.  If we don't close mid October, who knows when we will because we have our wedding the first week of November and then a two week long honeymoon.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Better Now

So I decided to remove my recent post.  Initially, it was very frustrating to hear the news that we would be closing 3 months after the original settlement date.  We had to request and get approval on a late closing in September in order for us to even buy the home.  So, I'm sure some of you can imagine my frustration.  Days have gone by and I've calmed down.  We are going through with this and we're going to remain positive.  However, we are getting our own Home Inspector and we are getting a Mold Certification.  Apparently they put the hardwoods in the dining room on Saturday, we were locked out on Monday morning when we tried to see the house, and I'm pretty sure the sales office was closed.  Hopefully our appliances are in.  Who knows, maybe the power company will be able to get to us sooner than later and we will close earlier than we think.  I'm just still not really into the idea of moving 2 weeks before the wedding.  We have a lot of appointments and little odds and ends scheduled for those weekends, so it'll be extremely tough to move then.  Thanks for the support!